Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Biggie, 14 Years Later: Jadakiss Recalls His B.I.G. Birthday Bash

On the anniversary of the Notorious B.I.G.'s death, the LOX rapper remembers how much it meant to have Biggie at his party.By Jayson Rodriguez





Jadakiss

Photo: Johnny Nunez/ WireImage




For an upstart Yonkers MC, having the "King of New York" at your birthday party is worth more than a guest verse on a song.
And for Jadakiss, then a rookie sensation as a part of the LOX on Bad Boy Records, he remembers vividly the night the Notorious B.I.G. graced his bash with his presence. It took all of the rapper's mettle to muscle up the nerve to even ask Biggie, his labelmate, to come to the party.

"We were still new at Bad Boy, so we used to play our part," 'Kiss told MTV News, sharing his fondest memory of the Brooklyn lyricist on the 14-year anniversary of his death. "We were real humble. We wouldn't ask for too much or none of that. But I remember thinking I needed Big to come to my birthday party. I was having my birthday party uptown at a spot called Mo Better. When the moment was right, I was like, 'Yo, Big, I'm having a birthday this and that, think you could come through for me? Come through right quick?'
"That took all, for me to build up that energy to ask. It was amazing," Jada recalled, laughing at the memory. "And he was like, 'When?' I said, 'Tomorrow.' He said, 'Yeah, I'mma be there and chill with you.' "
'Kiss was nervous, though, and he kept the invite on the hush. Then Big and Lil' Cease pulled up to the party in a Lexus truck.
"He chilled with me all night, popping bottles, chilling. I said, 'This is amazing.' The points I scored with Y.O. that night was incredible," he said of gaining hometown respect.
"Dudes was coming up to him, amazed that it was him. He was passing out champagne and cigars," 'Kiss added. "I said, 'I'm the man right now. I got Big at my party. I'm chilling.' "
Share your Notorious B.I.G. memories in the comments below.



Related Videos


Remembering Notorious B.I.G.


Related Artists


Notorious B.I.G.

Kate Hudson Chelsea Handler Jennifer Love Hewitt Mariska Hargitay Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment